Office of Assessment and Information Services
The Office of Assessment and Information Services supports ODE roles of accountability, leadership and school improvement through the development and maintenance of a technical and information infrastructure. This infrastructure has two major components. The first component is represented by data collection from and reporting on Schools, Districts and Educational Service Districts (ESDs). The second component is the design, development and implementation of student assessments.
Assessment and Accountability
Contact: ESD Partners
Contact: ODE Helpdesk
Information about the development, administration, and reports of the Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (OAKS), including sample tests and scored student work.
Common Core State Standards - Assessment
- Standards that define how well students must perform on state assessments.
- For District Test Coordinators and teachers to administer the state assessments.
- ODE's historical background, operational procedures, technical features and specific documents around student assessment.
Subject Specific Materials
- Sample Tests, scored examples, and other helpful materials.
National Assessment of Educational Progress
- Oregon results on NAEP, NAEP sample questions, and other NAEP links
Important information on scoring assessments and compiling reports.
Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
Assessment of Essential Skills
Information and materials relating to the Assessment of Essential Skills.
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium is a collection of more than 30 states that have been working collaboratively since 2009 to develop a student assessment system aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems
(Advancing Longitudinal Data for Educational Reform)
(Oregon Formative Assessment Resources)
Oregon DATA Project
(Direct Access to Achievement)
Data Collection Committee
- Advisory committee on the collection of data from Oregon schools, school districts and educational service districts.
Schedule of Due Dates
- Collection and contact information for all ODE data collections.
ODE maintains many applications including:
Education Data Explorer
- Visual reports that include performance data, trend comparisons, district boundaries, a school finder, and more. It uses the Public Group Report (PAGR) rules.
- The Oregon Student Record Transfer Exchange.
- Documentation and support for migrant education.
, Helpdesk, Studio Services,
Last Mile Grant
Statewide Technology Readiness
Primary RSS Feeds
Assessment and Information Services
· Assessment Development
· Achievement/Performance Standards
· Report Cards
Migrant Education (OMSIS)
Assessment and Accountability - Administrative Specialist
OAIS Staff List
From the ODE staff search.
Having problems finding something?
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE Salem, OR 97310-0203
(503) 947-5600 | Fax: (503) 378-5156
General ODE Questions:
(e.g. accessibility, nondiscrimination) |
Copyright © 1998-2013 Oregon Department of Education