Conference Dates, Locations and Registration:
The Odyssey Conference is FREE, it has NO registration fee.
During August of 2016, ODE will again be sponsoring two Odyssey Conferences targeting the needs of district federal program staff. This year’s sessions will include the current program requirements remaining in effect for the 2016-2017 school year, and will also be covering the significant changes in federal programs described by the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for the 2017-2018 school year.
Sessions will be offered highlighting what federal program staff needs to know to implement:
- Title I-A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Title I-C: Education of Migrant Children
- Title I-D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
- Title II-A: Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III: Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- Title IV-A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Title IV-B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title V: State Innovation and Local Flexibility
- Title VI: Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native Education
- Title IX: Civil Rights Training
- Title IX-A: Homeless Children and Youths (formerly Title X)
We anticipate a format similar to previous years including best practices for students living in poverty, English learners, migrant education, serving homeless students, completing budget narratives and improvement planning, engaging families in their children’s education, ESSA monitoring, Schoolwide Planning, and related topics.
Start the school year with updates and guidance on federal ESEA Title Program implementation.
Portland Conference Lodging Information:
Bend Conference Lodging Information:
The Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
Call 1-800-547-3928 to book your room
For the per-diem rate, mention "Odyssey 2016"
The LAST day to be able to reserve a room at this rate: July 22, 2016
Dates available at this rate: August 22-25, 2016.
3075 U.S. 97 Business
Bend, OR 97701
1-866-453-4480 (for general hotel information)
Click here for Hotel Directions
- Emily Swope (503) 947-5642
Federal Systems - Administrative Specialist