Thank you for helping us have a great Odyssey Conference this year!
Conference Dates and Locations:
Please feel free to look through our 2016 Conference Materials
page to find session materials as well as some recorded sessions.
Information about Oregon Department of Education's Odyssey Conferences: During August ODE sponsors two Odyssey Conferences which target the needs of district federal program staff. This year’s sessions included the current program requirements remaining in effect for the 2016-2017 school year, and also covered the significant changes in federal programs described by the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for the 2017-2018 school year.
Sessions offered highlighted what federal program staff need to know to implement:
- Title I-A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Title I-C: Education of Migrant Children
- Title I-D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
- Title II-A: Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III: Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- Title IV-A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Title IV-B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title V: State Innovation and Local Flexibility
- Title VI: Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native Education
- Title IX: Civil Rights Training
- Title IX-A: Homeless Children and Youths (formerly Title X)
Our format was similar to previous years which included best practices for students living in poverty, English learners, migrant education, serving homeless students, completing budget narratives and improvement planning, ESSA monitoring, Schoolwide Planning, and related topics.
Portland Conference Lodging Information:
Bend Conference Lodging Information: