MATHEMATICS Local Performance Assessment Requirement
The purpose of the local performance assessment requirement is to ensure that Oregon students are afforded opportunities to learn and to receive feedback regarding their academic progress.
Local Performance Assessment Requirements
|Local Performance Assessments must be:
- A standardized measure (e.g. activity, exercise, problem, or work sample scored using the official state scoring guide) embedded within the curriculum that evaluates the application of knowledge and skills;
- Either a work sample scored using the official state scoring guides or a comparable measure adopted by the district;
- Administered at least once a year to all students at Grades 3 through 8 and once in high school.
Scoring Guide and Feedback Forms
For local performance assessments, districts may locally develop scoring guidelines so that they can provide feedback to students, or they may use the state Scoring Guide.
Student Language Version of Scoring Guide
Sample Tasks and Scored Student Work
- Grade 3 - 5 Formula Sheet
- Grade 6 - 8 Formula Sheet
- High School Formula Sheet
- Mathematics Problem Solving Tips
Tipsheet for students to use as they learn about the state Scoring Guide