Indistar® School Team Training-Portland
Join us as we delve into Indistar®, a web-based tool that will guide your school team in creating a comprehensive achievement plan (CAP) and managing the continuous improvement process. There is no charge for this training. This training is being offered at five sites around the state:
- Bend (May 7): Bend-LaPine SD-Ed. Center/Board Room 314, 520 NW Wall St., Bend
- Medford (May 15): Southern OR ESD/Upstairs Board Room, 101 N Grape St., Medford
- Salem (May 20): Chemeketa CC-Winema Bldg 48/Room 202, 4001 Winema Place NE, Salem
- Portland (May 22): Multnomah ESD/Auditorium, 11611 NE Ainsworth Cir., Portland
- Newport (May 23): Yaquina View/Room "L" (The View Room), 351 SE Harney St., Newport
Hands-on activities during this workshop will have your school team discussing indicators and characteristics of effective planning. You will also learn how to create and monitor school plans using the Indistar® tool! This workshop is of value for all schools and will also address Title I-A Schoolwide Planning within the Indistar® tool. School teams will:
- Learn about the Indistar® Planning Tool and effective school planning processes.
- Input or update school information.
- Write measurable tasks addressing assessed indicators/objectives.
- Review school-level reports, indicators, objectives and tasks.
- Monitor plan implementation and progress on task completion.
- Utilize a variety of reports for communicating the plan and its progress.
- A school team of 3-5 members representing the various roles of support for the school (e.g., the school principal, 1-2 teachers involved in school improvement efforts, a curriculum specialist, a leadership coach, or a district representative).
- At least 1 laptop computer and a power strip per team. Additional computers and iPads may be used.
- Any of the following options so that your team can see what you are working on:
- Share screens with www.joinme.com.
- Download Screenleap extension for Chrome/Gmail.
- Bring a projector.
- Hunker down around a laptop!
To register for the Indistar® School Team Training-Spring 2013,
Click here to register now.
Note: Anyone wanting to attend the morning, Indistar® district-level training on how to use the Indistar® tool with the district electronic Continuous Improvement Plans (eCIPs), MUST register for that training on the ODE Events webpage at:ODE Events Registration.