UPDATE 4-29-2013: This District Team training on the Indistar® tool has been cancelled. Due to pending final approval of district Indicators for the Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP), this workshop will be rescheduled for a latter date in May.
Indistar® District Team Training--Spring 2013 (Bend)
Bend-LaPine SD--Education Buildin
Join us as we delve into Indistar®, a web-based tool that will guide your district team as it prepares their next Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP). There is no charge for this training! This training is being offered at five sites around the state:
- Bend (May 7): Bend-LaPine SD-Ed. Center/Board Room 314, 520 NW Wall St., Bend
- Medford (May 15): Southern OR ESD/Upstairs Board Room, 101 N Grape St., Medford
- Salem (May 20): Chemeketa CC-Winema Bldg 48/Room 202, 4001 Winema Place NE, Salem
- Portland (May 22): Multnomah ESD/Auditorium, 11611 NE Ainsworth Cir., Portland
- Newport (May 23): Yaquina View/Room "L" (The View Room), 351 SE Harney St., Newport
Hands-on activities will have your district's team discussing indicators and CIP requirements while learning to create and monitor the district's electronic CIP using the Indistar® tool. District teams will:
- Learn about the Indistar® planning tool and effective district planning processes.
- Input or update district information.
- Assess indicators to identify where your district is today.
- Write measurable tasks addressing assessed indicators/objectives.
- Review school level reports, indicators, objectives and tasks.
- Utilize a variety of reports for communicating the plan and its progress.
- Monitor plan implementation and progress on task completion.
- A district team of 3-5 members representing the various roles of support for the district (e.g., superintendent, curriculum director, special programs including Title I, ELL , Educator Effectiveness, TAG, Special Education, IT).
- At least one laptop computer and a power strip per team. Additional computers and iPads may be used.
- Any of the following options so that your team can see what you are working on:
- Share screen with www.joinme.com.
- Download Screenleap extension for Chrome/Gmail.
- Bring a Projector.
- Hunker down around a laptop!
REGISTRATION CLOSED--DISTRICT WORKSHOP CANCELLED.
Note: The afternoon training session for school teams will follow at each site. Anyone planning on attending the afternoon school session MUST also register for that session at http://www.ode.state.or.us/news/events/.