|6/4/2014 8:33:00 AM|
|American Indian/Alaskan Native Culturally Relevant Teaching, Learning, and Pedagogy Grant Recipients|
|ODE is excited to announce the awarding of the American Indian / Alaskan Native Culturally Relevant Teaching, Learning, and Pedagogy Grant. The review committee selected 8 programs to receive awards ranging from $93,688 to $100,000 to support collaborative efforts to design, implement, improve, expand, or otherwise infuse American Indian / Alaskan Native culturally responsive pedagogy and practices to increase student academic achievement, high school completion and successful engagement in post-secondary educational opportunities.
The awardees represent Tribes, School Districts, and Non-Profit organizations serving American Indian / Alaskan Native students and are geographically dispersed across the state. Awards were granted to collaborations from the Central Coast, Eugene Metro Area, High Desert Region, Mid-Willamette Valley, Portland Metro Area, and the Southern Oregon area.
NOTE: Some of the pages do not show up in Google Chrome. If this happens, please switch your browser over to either Firefox or Explorer. Join us in congratulating the following Awardees:
• chaku-kemteks pi hayu-kemteks: Southern Willamette Valley Project – Springfield School District
• Culturally Relevant Teaching, Learning and Pedagogy – The Native American Youth & Family Center (NAYA)
• Fostering Cultural Competence Through Collaborative Partnership - Pendleton School District
• The Klamath Indigenous Trail – Klamath County School District
• Learning, Teaching, and Sustaining Culturally Responsive Teaching – Jefferson County School District
• Oregon Tribal Curriculum Project – Salem-Keizer Public Schools
• Roots: A Community-Based High School Completion and Career Path Program – Jefferson County School District
• Siletz Valley Schools Culture Project – Siletz Valley Charter Schools
If you have questions about these awards or want to learn more about the process, please contact April Campbell at email@example.com .
|- end -|
Contact(s) for this Announcement
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE Salem, OR 97310-0203
(503) 947-5600 | Fax: (503) 378-5156
General ODE Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Copyright © 1998-2015 Oregon Department of Education|