Student Centered Staging is open for editing 2013-2014 test records as of noon on Wednesday, May 28. 2013-2014 subjects will close again at 5 PM on Friday, May 30 for preliminary Report Card processing, and will re-open for editing by noon on Tuesday, June 3.
Staging Components Completed:
- Extended Reading, Extended Mathematics, Extended Science, and Extended Writing Assessments were loaded on May 23. District Test Coordinators who wish to view or download records for students who took an Extended Assessment in 2013-14 may select the Test Type “Extended Assessments” when searching for records in Student Centered Staging, Accountability Warehouse Extract (AWE) or Secure Assessment Reports.
- English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELPA) tests taken in April 2014 were loaded on May 23. District Test Coordinators who wish to view or download records for students who took an Extended Assessment in 2013-14 may select the Test Type “Extended Assessments” when searching for records in Student Centered Staging, Accountability Warehouse Extract (AWE) or Secure Assessment Reports.
- Virtual records have been created that indicate non-participation of required Reading, Math, Science and Writing assessments based on data submitted in the Third Period Cumulative ADM collection for enrollment on May 1, 2014. A virtual record is created for the student if there is not a valid test in the required content areas as described by the grade of enrollment in the ADM collection.
- Virtual ELPA records have been created that indicate non-participation of the required ELPA test for LEP students, based on data submitted in the Limited English Proficiency collection as of May 23. A virtual ELPA record is created for the student if there is not a valid ELPA test for any student identified as eligible for LEP services during the current school year. (The LEP collection is open until 11:59 PM on May 30, 2014.)
- Please note: First-year LEP students with a virtual record will not be counted as a non-participant if the student has a valid ELPA test (indicated with data field LEPFg = “B” on the test record).
- Accountability flags (such as RCSchlPartic, RCSchlPerf and ParticSchlInstID) have been filled and indicate which tests are used for accountability reporting. These fields are not available in the Staging download file, but the full set of fields is available through the AWE Student Extract or Bulk Download option. Please note that there is a one-day lag for changes to test records in Student Centered Staging (district edits or newly loaded records) to be available in the Warehouse applications (AWE and Secure Assessment Reports).
- Subgroup information such as race/ethnicity, special education, and other program flags (except the Migrant Education Flag) have been filled from Third Period Cumulative ADM for students enrolled on the first school day in May. (For more information on How to Edit Demographic and Program Fields and the Staging File Format, see documents at: https://district.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?=39).
- New in 2013-14: the Migrant Education Flag, which in previous years was filled from Third Period Cumulative ADM, has been filled based on the Oregon Migrant Student Information System (OMSIS) and includes students who were eligible for Migrant services as well as those who participated in a Migrant program.
- New in 2013-14: Smarter Balanced Field Test participation records were created during the Report Card processing and are available for downloading or editing in Student Centered Staging. The Field Test records will have the Test Valid Flag set to 'N' until ODE has received a participation report from Smarter Balanced. (Please note: the Field Test records will not be available for download in AWE.)
Staging Components Not Yet Completed:
- OAKS Online tests partially completed (aka “Partials”) in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Sciences (to be completed by June 6, 2014)
If you do not have access to Student Centered Staging, AWE, or Secure Assessment Reports 2.0 applications, contact your district security administrator.
Be sure to resolve errors before downloading or reviewing records online so that the data is as accurate as possible. Please contact your Regional ESD Partner for more information or for assistance accessing assessment records.