|4/7/2014 2:50:00 PM|
|American Indian / Alaskan Native Culturally Relevant Teaching, Learning, and Pedagogy Grant|
|ODE is excited to announce the re-release of the American Indian / Alaskan Native Culturally Relevant Teaching, Learning, and Pedagogy Grant to support the collaborative efforts to design, implement, improve, expand, or otherwise infuse American Indian / Alaskan Native culturally responsive pedagogy and practices to increase student academic achievement, high school completion and successful engagement in post-secondary educational opportunities.
At the end of January, 2014, ODE announced a Strategic Initiative grant the American Indian/Alaskan Native (AI/AN) Closing the Achievement Gap RFP. After receiving feedback and questions from stakeholders in the field, ODE withdrew the initial RFP and a consultant was hired to convene a group of stakeholders to gather additional input. Valuable stakeholder recommendations were considered during the revision of the RFP.
Primary revisions in the eligibility and criteria requirements for the RFP include:
• Removing the minimum qualification for a minimum American Indian / Alaskan Native students count;
• Strengthening the partnership / collaboration language to encourage applicants to consider multiple collaborative partnerships;
• Offering eligibility to non-profit organizations with a focus on Indian education working in collaboration with a school district; and
• Increased allotment for initiative from $500,000 to $850,000.
Applications were due to ODE by 12:00 pm on May 19, 2014. The review of applications began after the deadline, and an award announcement is expected by May 30, 2014.
For additional information or answers to any questions you may have, please contact April Campbell at email@example.com or 503-947-5810.
|- end -|
Contact(s) for this Announcement
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE Salem, OR 97310-0203
(503) 947-5600 | Fax: (503) 378-5156
General ODE Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Copyright © 1998-2014 Oregon Department of Education|