|12/20/2013 10:00:00 AM|
|Oregon Priority and Focus Schools School Support Team Pilot Update|
|Seventeen of Oregon’s Priority and Focus schools are participating in the Continuous Improvement Network School Support Team Pilot this school year.
School Support Teams are small groups of education professionals who meet to support, acknowledge the development of and problem-solve challenges associated with the school’s improvement efforts. Teams consist of school and district personnel as well as hand-selected external professionals with expertise aligned to the school’s priorities. The intended outcome is to support each school toward increased student achievement. The Support Team process embodies:
• A collaborative problem-solving approach;
• Support with data analysis;
• Support identifying challenges and researching potential solutions;
• Meeting outcomes and next-steps that serve as levers to help steward the school’s Comprehensive Achievement Plan (CAP);
• Support evaluating the efficacy of planned strategies.
Throughout the 2013-2014 Support Team pilot, data is being collected to ascertain the efficacy of the process with assistance from the Northwest Comprehensive Center (NWCC). Recently, focus groups met to provide emerging feedback regarding the pilot. Feedback about what is working included:
• External Support Team members are bringing a fresh perspective to each schools CAP;
• Support Teams have assisted schools with the prioritization of their improvement strategies;
• Support Team protocols are providing the forum whereby important issues are surfaced, then facilitating collaborative problem-solving strategies to develop action steps and supports;
• Support Team configurations balance school and district based team members and the expertise of the external team members;
• Support Team meetings structurally lead to then pinpoint specific next steps and check ins for progress evaluation over time.
We are encouraged by the early feedback and look forward to refining the process and work of Support Teams as we move forward. For more information, please call or e-mail Shawna Moran at 503-947-5944 or email@example.com.
|- end -|
Contact(s) for this Announcement
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE Salem, OR 97310-0203
(503) 947-5600 | Fax: (503) 378-5156
General ODE Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Copyright © 1998-2014 Oregon Department of Education|