The 2011-2012 AYP Policy and Technical Manual has been posted on the AYP Policy page (http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=218).
Changes compared to last year:
For questions on AYP or report cards, contact Cynthia Yee at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jon Wiens at email@example.com .
- Reading achievement standards increased at grades 3-8, effective in 2011-12.
- Academic Status targets for reading and math increased from 70% to 80%.
- Academic Growth for reading uses 2010-11 achievement standards for both 2010-11 and 2011-12 assessments; Academic Growth for math returns to normal.
- Cohort Graduation targets increased from 65% to 67% for the Four-Year Cohort and from 70% to 72% for the Five-Year Cohort.
- Graduation designations for all subgroups will be used to determine the overall Graduation designation.